October is National Arts and Humanities Month
Join in the celebration!
A note from Americans for the Arts on the role of the arts in 2021:
“The arts are the lifeblood of our communities, raising morale, creating community cohesion, and providing comfort during dark times, while also delivering a huge economic footprint. The sector has suffered devastating losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so it is vital that we support our creative workers in the months and years to come,” said Nolen V. Bivens, president and CEO of Americans for the Arts. “National Arts and Humanities Month gives us a chance to celebrate the values that the arts impart in our lives, and it is more important than ever that everyone take part to recognize the creative and cultural value of the arts and humanities in our communities.”
5 Ways to Celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month
NAHM is a coast-to-coast collective recognition of the importance of culture in America. NAHM was launched by Americans for the Arts more than 30 years ago as National Arts Week in honor of the twentieth anniversary of the National Endowment for the Arts. Below are just a few of the ways you can participate with us NAHM in October. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more opportunities to incorporate arts into your daily activities and to share your favorite moments. Tag us and use the hashtag #ROSWELLARTS
Roswell Arts Fund (RAF) is thrilled to welcome folk and blues musician, Jakes Xerxes Fussell and his band to kick off our 2021 -2022 Pop Up Performance Series. Originally from Georgia, Fussell is a singer and guitarist who brings traditional Southern songs to new generations in innovative and thoughtful ways. Funded in part by a grant from South Arts in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts, RAF is delighted to share this evening of storytelling, music and community under the stars at the Ben Brady Pavilion at the Chattahoochee Nature Center on Saturday, October 16th 2021 at 7:00pm.
2. Get Involved with Roswell Arts Fund and Support the Arts in Roswell
- Make a donation
- Join us as a sponsor or local partner organization
- Apply to join the volunteer board
- Shop Our Amazon Wishlist
3. #ShowYourArt2021 - 31 Day Photo Challenge
Join us in a month long photo challenge created by Americans for the Arts to celebrate art in our communities. Help us share why Roswell is a destination for the arts!
4. Explore Public Art in Roswell
- Take an Art Walk through Roswell Mill
- Bike or jog between sculptures at Riverside Park
- OR Click here and use the RAF interactive art map to plan a fun fall outing exploring art in Roswell. Don’t forget to add stops to your favorite brewery or restaurant along the way to make the trip complete!
- However you choose to explore the public art throughout our city, download the FREE Otocast app to hear the artists tell you their stories along the way
5. Advocate for the Arts
- Explore the Arts Fact Sheet from the Arts Action Fund and learn why the ARTS MATTER TO GEORGIA
- Advocate for the creative industry to local, regional and national leaders. Ask questions and share your voice in support of the arts at election time and all year round
- Share 10 Reasons to Support the Arts in 2021 with friends, family and neighbors!
- Read the Arts and Culture Questionnaire Responses from our local 2021 candidates prior to the 2021 elections